Monday, May 24, 2010

Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey - Fats Domino


Fats Domino released "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" in 1969 as a stand alone single.  He had previously covered "Lady Madonna" and "Lovely Rita" on his Fats Is Back LP, however this one is my favorite of the three boogie-woogied Beatles songs.

The song is about the scandal seeking paparazzi sticking their pens, and lens, into the lives of John & Yoko. Metaphorically, that would make Yoko the monkey. Others claim that "my monkey" is a veiled reference to John's heroin habit. If that's the case then "Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey" is happiest heroin song that I've ever heard.


Download

"Lady Madonna" was Fats Domino's last hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment